Wednesday, October 7, 2009

In Sickness And Health

Although October is my favorite month of the year I can count on getting sick. Yesterday I could feel the tug in my throat and slight pains in my ears. This morning I could feel something vile moving through my body. The morning hours passed and I waited until 9:30 to get out of bed. Even then it was tough getting going. I had to work at 10:45 and even after a shower and a quick phone call to a sick friend I was unable to make breakfast or even coffee.

I made it through my shift at work and went to bed a few minutes after I got home. Now, after a trip to the market I need to make chicken noodle soup. Yes, I am sick but that is not a good excuse. I do not work until 4 tomorrow evening so there is plenty of time to writing.

Finally the scattered scenes of childhood are coming together. I can see actual connections that make sense and the story is starting to flow. American Pie is playing so I better get going……

No comments:

Post a Comment