There comes a time when no one in your life can truly understand what you are telling them. When they ask how the writing is going and you sprout off a rattle about being distracted and what that feels like, they kind of pat you on the back. They might even be sincere when they tell you not to worry about it or that everything will turn out fine but that doesn’t matter. What they don’t know is that this is what you live for and when it is not working out the way you planned, your quality of life is compromised.
The past few weeks have been complicated. Life, love, living has been hard. I am a praying woman and I asked for time so I could complete my novel. God gave me time and I squandered it. I let the world and the problems of others take my mind over. I did not make the progress that someone who had four days off from work should have made. Well, God is a kind, generous loving being and I have been granted another three days off in a row. This time I will make it count. Today I was able to get 2, 365 words on paper. That puts me at 72, 655. After my last edit I cut out a ton of stuff that wasn’t good enough and I lost something like 9,000 words. That was on Wednesday of last week. I was so discouraged by that. I was absolutely distraught by Wednesday night.
So I had to pick myself up. Had to get out of The Bell Jar and back into writing mode. I feel good and am really focused. Unfortunately that means limited outside disturbances. For the next few days I plan on keep a very low profile. If it is an emergency, or an out of town friend, I will pick up the phone. If not, I will call them back on Thursday. I have to have this time.
No comments:
Post a Comment