Monday, November 23, 2009

Divine Intervention

The devil will not win this fight. It sounds strange but truly the obstacles that have been thrown in my way have come from none other than Satan himself. I write that a bit tongue in cheek but then again, it is true.

This morning I work up with some major sinus issues and a threat that Thanksgiving might be canceled at my folks’ house. My home state is crumbling before my eyes and my life is about to change forever. There are some pretty painful things going on right now but I stare them in the face and tell you that the only thing that really matters is this book. I don’t have anything else to hold on to right now but I have this talent, this love that has meant more to me than anything else in my entire life and I am putting all of my strength into it. Everything I have will be put into this project and I know that it will be the thing that saves me.

With that said, I am going to have some tea to quiet the sinus problems, do a little yoga and get writing. I will write until I can write no more tonight and I will continue that trend until I go back to work on Friday. I will spend some time with friends and possibly family on Thanksgiving and then I will come back home and write. I will put everything that I have into my writing. Life will be writing and writing will be life. That is the only way it can be. The way it should be.
Tonight, I will go through the pile of scenes that sit next to my pillow. I will do the final weeding out of what I have and I will fill in the blanks for the rest of it. I am 4,000 words from the word count and probably about 10,000 words from completion. There are some parts to fill in and the things that have happened in the last few weeks have given me the things I need to make that happen. It is time. Let’s do this and get it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment