Sunday, January 10, 2010

Afterglow

So, it has been so long since I’ve posted. I know I promised a daily detail of my novel happenings but let me tell you, the novel writes you as much as you write it. I am very, very, very proud to announce that New Year’s Day 2010 arrived and I was able to say, “I have a novel”. It seems that the most important part is done and all that remains is the formality of getting the book published. Although this can be a challenging feat, I am absolutely positive that it will be accomplished.

2010 is going to be the greatest year of my life. This will be the year that I will become the full time writer that I deserve and need to be. So far freelance work has already gone from none to plenty and the queries are a flowing. This feels good. Knowing that you are going to do something, even if you don’t know how. A way will be made.
Lives Lived was a labor of love that I felt I had no choice but to write. With that out in the universe I am ready to continue writing. I have a few other novels that I started years ago that will be completed this year. Mysteries, so they will not require the type of precise thought that a literary novel does. Thursday I will pull out the notes from the detective novel and get that up and going again. I will figure out a deadline once I take a look and refresh my memory.

I have several goals set for 2010:
• Find an agent.
• Publish Lives Lived
• Finish the two in progress novels
• Life solely off of writing

I can’t explain this feeling that I have but it is one that is unstoppable. Today I came across a quote from Mahatma Gandhi: “If I have the belief that I can do it, I shall surely acquire the capacity to do it even if I may not have it at the beginning.” That is the way I will live my life. Anything less would be cheating myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment