Monday, November 28, 2011

I am up before six. This is always a good sign. There is something different about the early morning air. The silent, settled down sense of the world births creativity. I am, once again, incredibly sick and have had trouble focusing on writing. Right now I’m shivering and thinking about crawling back into bed for a few more hours of sleep. Last night I climbed into bed around ten hoping that I would wake up before sunrise. My wish has been granted and I intend to make the most of it.

I’m currently sipping Hot Not Toddy, which is simply hot water, lemon juice and honey, and enjoying brief intermittent moments of health. It’s Monday morning and the last few days of November have arrived. What do I hope to accomplish before December 1rst comes around? Well, I’ve been thinking about where I want my writing journey to go. The other day I was offered a tutoring position that will move me further into the realm of teaching and to be honest, I don’t know that I want it. I want to write. Anything and everything there is to write. Press releases, novels, short stories, blogs, website copy….anything that requires written words, I want to be a part of. I think of the time I spend working other jobs and to be honest, the less taxing on my mind they are, the better. I want my brain to focus on writing and nothing else. There are untapped markets out there, venues just waiting for my words. All I have to do is find them.

Today, as I lay wrapped up in blankets I will read through lives Lived. Not on the computer, but the hard copy I printed off Saturday. There is something different about having your words in your hands. Seeing them on the computer screen is great, but holding your own words that you created in your hands spawns a sense of belonging that no computer screen can give. I printed it off so I could manually cut and paste and connect the story where it needs to connection. Sure, you can do that on a computer but I want all the words to be right here at my disposal. It’s 7:00 a.m. I’m sick and really could use a nap, but that will have to wait. It’s time to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment