Tuesday, November 17, 2009

So Here We Are

So here were are. The end of the year is fast approaching and I have become distracted. Hence, I am blogging again to get myself focused.
The past few weeks have been odd to say the least. A death in the family, some weirdness with a couple of my friends, family stress that I only feel the tips of-but am very aware of subconsciously, I’m sure and an infatuation I am trying to just suppress for the moment because I truly have to focus on writing. Ah, that was it. The mouth full I needed to say and can’t really say because people will ask questions I don’t want to answer and then things will really be wide open, troubling and causing great worry. So, here I am. Blogging and letting it go. Oh, what a release.
Lives Lived is on the verge of being completed. Of course, like any good former English major with a creative flair and discombobulated mind, I am procrastinating. I think I miss the days of drinking until I was crossed eyed and coming home to finish a 20 page term paper in a matter of hours. The adrenaline rush is like none other but the pressure is extraordinary. I don’t want creative writing to be that way. It is a release, a pleasure. Not an academic paper.
Today, this distracted lady will work on rewriting. It feels like magic the way that some scenes are lyrical. I don’t sculpt them that way but when I get in a certain mood and I truly immerse myself into the scene, the darn thing turns out like some prose poem. I read them aloud and I get teary eyed because it is just that beautiful. Other scenes are a little chopping and need to be smoothed out. I keep saying, oh I’ll do that later but you know what, now is the time. Now is the time to bring those scenes to their proper life. Right now. If right now begins a ten in the morning and does not end until ten tomorrow morning, so be it. Let us begin my friends. Right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment