So things are going rather swiftly. Two nights ago I watched some of Eckhart Tolle’s interview with Oprah. I know that some people don’t really get what he is talking about but it was exactly what I needed to see. I think it is so very important to know what your life’s purpose is. I think that knowing what you are here for is the absolute most important thing in the world. I meet so many people that tell me they have no clue what their life’s purpose is and it irritates me. I mean, I really get mad and they think I’m weird and a little crazy.
Well, Eckhart Tolle has a different way of looking at how you find your life’s purpose. He said instead of asking what his life’s purpose was, he started asking the universe, or God or whatever you want to call that magnificent force that is above and beyond us, what it wanted from him. A couple of weeks ago I mentioned that when I was flying to Utah, as I was over the mountains, I got emotional and I started asking God what I was supposed to learn. I knew that there was a lesson at that point. When I bought the plane ticket it was just a trip to see a dear friend but actually I was supposed to go there. I did not know why but I listened to that impulse.
Last week I had four days off from work that I did not ask for. At first I was concerned and wondered why in the world I would have that much time off. Well, it turns out that the time I had off was very fruitful. So, within a few days I was able to find a bookstore that is willing to carry a chapbook of poetry I published a few years ago, received a request to write a bio, was asked to write a synopsis for my chapbook so it can be sold on a website and made major progress on my novel. By the end of the week I also had a great idea for the next piece of writing I want to get out there. The great news about that is that it is written. It just needs to be put together.
Writing is just as much about learning about yourself as it is compiling characters and words and stories. The month of October has truly changed my life and I am so incredibly thankful that I listened to those forces that are beyond me.
No comments:
Post a Comment